If you are unhappy with your smile because of crowded or spaced teeth, ortho may be the answer. Orthodontics is also the treatment-of-choice when teeth are crowded or positioned in a way that interferes with proper chewing or jaw functioning.
When describing orthodontics, most people think of braces, and while the majority of orthodontic cases involve braces, there are alternatives which may be used for younger children. Functional appliances, used while the child is still growing and teeth are erupting into place, can sometimes minimize or eliminate the need for braces later on. Or if you are hoping for an alternative that is more comfortable and nearly invisible, Invisalign may be the option you are looking for.
What are the Benefits of Orthodontics?
• Reduce the risk of injury – prominent teeth are more prone to trauma
• Reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease– crooked teeth are harder to clean
• Reduce the risk of developing TMJ problems
• Eliminate the excessive wear on your teeth that can be caused by a poorly aligned bite
• Straight teeth provide a healthier, more attractive smile
• A beautiful smile increases your confidence and self-esteem
Adults are finding that having braces isn’t kid stuff anymore. Many adults are turning to braces to correct problems with their bite. They recognize the benefits of reduced wear, reduced incidence of TMJ problems, and increased self-esteem.